Friday, September 30, 2011

Two Minutes Is All It Might Take



As we come to the end of Childhood Cancer Awareness month, let me ask one more favor from you.

Children are diagnosed much later than many adults because doctors just don't look for cancer in the young, or they don't recognize symptoms until the cancer has spread.  In addition, children are given treatments which are fifty years old...protocols have changed and survival has improved, but the late-effects can be debilitating.

Yet the national government allocates a minuscule amount of cancer research funds towards childhood cancers.  ALL childhood cancers get about 2% of all funding provided for cancer research.

If you would like to help remind the government that this situation is unacceptable, especially as tomorrow between 35-47 children will be newly diagnosed, please click on the link to sign the petition to the White House to increase funding for childhood cancer research.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/keep-kids-alive-allocate-more-funds-towards-childhood-cancer-research/8ZnnxNgw

I did it....I am AWARE of childhood cancer...I have watched my son go through hell.  Please take the two minutes needed to sign the petition: also so we might prevent other children...sadly not the 35 kids diagnosed tomorrow or the 35 diagnosed the next day....but maybe we can help the children who will be diagnosed a year from now....only they will be caught early enough to avoid the ravishing chemo and radiation that render a tiny body limp and helpless.  Or they might be blessed with new treatment options, a new drug, or a therapy that eliminates some of the pain.  This will only happen if the funding is there, so please help that become reality for the children who will have cancer!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Katy xxxx

3 comments:

  1. I put it on my Facebook page for my American friends. I this helps. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katy- I went over and signed and posted it to twitter and FB.

    I'll also put it in my newsletter today and do a blog post on my mom blog,Come on home at some point today. I'll try to remember to link to the radio show we did as well in my post.

    Have an awesome day!

    Carolee

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...