Sunday, January 16, 2011

Postaweek2011 - I Hope I Never Lose...

Here is my next random post of the week...inspired by a prompt on Plinky:
I hope I never lose my appreciation for the life I have. Although there are many major setbacks, particularly with my own child’s health, I am blessed with a wonderful family, friendships and relative stability. I live in a wealthy nation, I am educated, and I never go hungry. While I could look at those with more and feel slighted, I don’t. I really do understand how lucky I am, and I never want to lose that.

When we go through hardships, friends can be so crucial to both mental and physical survival. Relying on others can also have a negative effect; one feels helpless, useless, a pain in the neck. Yet, if we really stop for a moment and give ourself time to realize it is okay to accept the help of others, two things happen: first of all, those helping feel good about doing it, and secondly, there will be a time when the need for support lessens and one can ‘give back’ in some way.

So what is my point? Well, I have learned many lessons related to all of this in the past year. I have accepted help and now have several projects in motion to ‘give back’. When I saw the prompt about what I hope I never lose, my answer came instantly to me. I have perspective and appreciation for life which, only a year ago, I would never have imagined having.

5 comments:

  1. Wonder of wonders, I got a stylish blogger award. I am passing it on to you because I love your blog. See my recent post for the list with your blog on it!

    So here are the rules for acceptance of the award:

    1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
    2. Share 7 things about yourself.
    3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers.
    4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

    There is a button that goes with the award. If you want to put it on your blog, you can go to the blogger who gave me the award and see if you can get the button there. www.mamapikeshappyhome.blogspot.com Frankly, I can't figure it out, so sorry I can't be of more help.

    Enjoy!

    Galen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Song Title: Breathe (soul)
    Subject: a song about making it through hardships
    Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Qxq9blAsY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Galen and Anonymous,
    Thank you both so much. I will do both later today when I get some time to focus.
    See how lucky I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous...I just listend to Breathe. It took my breath away with how it struck home. May I post it to my blog on the main page?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...